Friday, April 15, 2011

Ok, so if you are female you will be able to keep up with this post.
Have you ever had a friend that you can talk about 15 subjects all in about 15 minutes? I have a few of those, but one comes to my mind when I think of that, my friend Shauna, we have been friends since 1st grade. As long as I can remember we have always been that way, people around us would ask "what are you talking about now?"
We always kept right up with one another without ever skipping a beat.
Well this post may be a little like that, cuz I want to touch on a few ongoing and upcoming things.
Since this blog is to follow our journey to adoption, here is the update on Peanut.
We have left a message with her adoption worker, because we have heard nothing, and have heard nothing back. If I sit and ponder about the situation I get mad, but it's in God's timing and we need to be still and know he is God.
I made an arrangement for her to see her half brother's the other day, we went to kaleidoscope, they had never been there before, her brother's are 4 and 7.
The youngest one played with Peanut some, but the older one investigated the whole kaleidoscope (think he liked it a lot!)
When we were ending the day I asked their dad (which Peanut shares the same mom with these boys, not dad)I asked him if he heard anything or knew of any changes, he said no, he knew mom had to go back to court the end of July and that was all he knew. Mom is not suppose to have any contact with them at all, but after Jamie asked a question to one of the boys about sharing his candy with dad, he said no mommy takes my candy. So we think she is still seeing them.
He was asked if he wanted to also try for adopting Peanut and he said, yes, just so they kids could all stay together and that she would have older brothers, which we all know she already has an older brother who is the BEST!!
Dad is unemployed and has no car or transportation, so we are not really worried that they will choose him, I really have peace about this, but it's the state and you never know.
So this is the update on her, not much but something for you to pray for.

The other is healing, we as a family are healing in a few matters, I learned a lot yesterday during prayer time in Matthew 7, this talks about you seeing the speck in someone's eye, when you have a plank in yours. Ouch!!
Be slow to judge, and do you know how hard that is? I know one sin is not worse than another, but friends, we do it all the time. We look at someone and because of the way they dress or smell, the car they drive or the house they live in, the clothes they wear or the money they have or do not have, we judge them, this is wrong and God does not intend on us to look upon one another this way. He wants us to see others the way he see's them,kinda hard to do sometimes, but I sure have felt that I have done this, even with people walking down the street. So my prayer is that I see the good in everyone that crosses my path, it will take some prayers and conviction, but I'm going to work on it.
Have you ever forgave someone and felt that freedom?, it is GREAT, so we are feeling the holy spirit move and have a road to go still, it's getting closer, believe it's coming :)

And last is......
I have been unemployed now for a few weeks, I applied for unemployment and they sent me a letter saying it was granted, it's not much, but I can sure stretch a penny these days with my coupons ;)
Well this week I got a letter in the mail saying that there was an "issue" that arouse and I would have to be on a phone call today to discuss the matter, then it would take 3-6 weeks for them to decide if I would still be considered. So I was a little worried about that this week.

This A.M., I knew that God was calling me to come sit in his presence and be still in his word.
I saw a post in FB to read Psalms 91:1, so I read it, got engaged by it and began to read the whole Psalm 91, it was great, it's about being safe under the wings of the most high God, that he is my refuge. Then I went on to read in my Jesus calling book, it was the same subject, it said to trust him, that many things today feel out of control and how I like things in order. When I feel these things take over, he will put me on a high rock and protect me. To take shelter under his wings, where I am secure. Say yes to the things in your life I lead you into and trust in me, do not be afraid.
Can I get an AMEN!
This message is for all of us, not just me. So if things feel out of whack, go sit and rest under his wings, look at it from upon a high rock, be still and hear his word.
So as I was waiting for the phone call this song came into my head.
"When the oceans rise and thunders roar, I will soar with you above the storm, Father you are King over the flood, I will be still and know you are God"
I clicked on youtube, clicked on the first song and just worshiped him.
As soon as the song was over my phone rang, it was the employment office,he asked a few questions about me working for the Jackson County School Dist, I said yes I worked for them, but I applied because I was laid off after a seasonal position I took with Thomas Nelson Live.
He said, "oh I see, so this is not that you are off for the summer and going to go back to work for the school district?" I said "no".
He said ok, well then all is well with your unemployment and you should receive your first check next week. "there is no waiting period, I said?"
"nope, he said it was a misunderstanding and all is good, I will take care of this problem in less than 2 minutes and you will be fine"

"I will be fine, I thought" of course I will, I'm under the wings of our most heavenly Father, he has me high on a rock.
I immidetaly hung up the phone, fell to my knees, thanking Jesus for being so good to me, I could not help the tears from coming, he said to me, "I had you this time daughter, and I will the next time too"

Gods word also tells us, that on days like today, when it seems, like a stay at home quiet day, when nothing seems to be happening. Instead of being bored by the lack of action, use these times to seek his face.
God bless-
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment