Thursday, March 31, 2011

ok, so I would have to post over and over on fb to fill you all in.
So, I'm going to fill you in on my blog.

Today as many of you know is my last day with the revolve team, oh I how I loved doing this job, I felt so complete doing it, I never would have considered myself a sales person, but when you are passionate about what your selling, and in my case the opportunity to have teen girls learn about Jesus Christ, well what could be better than that? It was never about the ticket sales for me, it's only a number, but every time I went out to sell tickets, I prayed first that God would lead me to the right places to reach the girls who needed to be at the event. He is always so faithful and came through. At my event here in KC there was over 6 thousand teens in the arena, and over 1700 made a first time choice to trust Jesus Christ as there savior, PRAISE GOD!!!
So for a year now, Jamie has been looking for a new job, there is nothing wrong with the one he has now at Fox, he has been there 12 years and Fox has always been good to him. He has had his heart tugged on for over a year to look into the Police Academy. For a long time I blew him off, told him to stay at Fox, he was safe there and it paid the bills. He finally convinced me when he told me it was something God had laid on his heart and felt like he needed to pursue it as obedience. I know that sometimes God will ask us to do things just to see if we will do them, if we will follow through with what he asks, he may not really have that certain something even in his will, but he is just testing us. So, Jamie has applied for a few positions at Police Academies and even at different news stations outside the state of Mo. I was excited when he found a position that was open in Texas working with ESPN, this job is what he does here, but with sports, hello, that screams Jamie!! but, after filling out the application we heard nothing from them. but.....he has heard back from 2 police academy's the last 48 hours. Both who are interested in going the next step with him. There are many steps, testing and physical fitness test, background screening ect ect, at any time God can close the doors and say ok, you did well faithful servant, go back and work at Fox.
With me being out of a job as of tomorrow and Jamie searching, we just feel in our hearts that now is the perfect time for us to be completly open to our future, we both feel a stir taking place. I have been digging for answers from the Lord, we are following hard after him. Please believe me when I say that we want NOTHING but God's will. BUT, whatever that will is, the answer from us is YES, what would happen if we did this our way? we may miss the blessing and that to me is heartbreaking. God knows our hearts, he knows our desires, we will continue to seek him and follow him all the way to the finish line, like I have said many times before." With our arms raised in a V we shall cross that finish line in Victory !!"
Here is the reading I have read today, perfect for us today.
"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble,
Be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted among the earth. Psalms 46: 1 & 10
"Taste and see that I Am good"Psalms 34 :8
“Then you will know which way to go,
since you have never been this way before.”
Joshua 3:4a (NIV)

Dear Lord, thank You for Your promised presence. It comforts my heart to know that I am not alone. Lead me, Lord, through the unknowns in my life. Make Your path clear and I will follow it. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

So I was getting ready to close out this post when KLOVE just called my house thanking us for being a listener, and wanted to let us know that today they would be praying 3 times in their chapel, wanted to know how they could pray for us? Cool huh? God's always on time, is he not?

Just then I got a text from Jamie's cousin saying she was praying for Peanuts adoption to be on the fast track. When I hung up the phone I looked up to the TV to see Marlee M, from the apprentice on the Nate Burkus show, hello her name is MARLEE...... ok so we have a different spelling, but not doubting God is right in front of my face today, this is what happens when you seek the father, he is there all the time, he is waiting for us to seek him so he can show off.
Praise Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment