Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'm back already.
God gave this to me today to share.

Jamie and I both agree that when you have more than one child, it is important to take time away from each one and give one child at a time that individual attention. Mason is the best son, he never complains, he never acts out or becomes selfish when all these babies have been in and out of his house. He has just embraced them as much as we have, I know because of prayer this is why he is like this, I pray that Mason see's us doing God's work and taking care of the orphan children one at a time. Mason see's that, and mirrors out our actions. We also have told him God has asked us to do this, because there was about 3 months of his life that someone did this for him, and not just him, but over 50 children!
So one day we were at Bass Pro Shop, when Mason asked to climb the rock wall there, and he was saddened when he learned you had to weigh 50lbs to do so, he was not even 40lbs at the time and knew it would take a lot of sushi and shrimp to pack on 10 lbs to that kid.
So Mason now weighs 51lbs, and he is 51 inches tall, a pd an inch...lol
I knew what we were going to do with our afternoon out with just him,daddy and I.
We are going rock climbing!!
I took a college course at IBEX which is in Blue Springs, it's a indoor rock climbing business. I remember taking the class with a friend, because I'm afraid of heights and thought this would help. Which it did, til the class was over, I'm still scared of heights.
Jamie and I picked Mason up from school, dropped Peanut off with my folks and we were headed there, Mason has been looking forward to this for over a week now, so he is giddy in the back seat, with wide eyes with anticipation.
Jamie and I had to take a 30 minute class first to become certified climbers before Mason could climb. He knew this in advance that he would have to wait before climbing, but nothing can prepare a 7 yr old til he is sitting on the bench watching others climb, while mom and dad are learning to tie knots, so we are all safe on this adventure. (Jamie loves I always come up with these odd things to do take on)
Anyways, he is on the edge of his seat the whole time, they have a kid wall he can practice on upstairs,but every 5minutes he comes down to see if we are "DONE YET?".
So it's time, we can climb, Jamie suggest that I climb first, cuz "you know I'm a pro I did this before", yeah like 20 years ago!!
So I'm not going to chicken out, I'm going to do this, so one step at a time I reach for a rock, always looking for the one my hand fits around perfectly, one that is big enough to hold my foot. I make it to the top and yell "tension", which means Jamie tightens the rope, I can lean back and he will lower me down. I have been with this man for 20 years and I never felt so scared as I did at that moment "I really hope he has the tension on, or I'm going to fall off this rock to my death, and I really am worth more alive than dead, I don't have life insurance, no reason for him to drop me on purpose...lol. So he yells "tension on" and I sit back slowly not wanting to let go of the rock for I'm scared what may happen when I do, "does he have me?, what if I fall ?"
I leaned back and I could feel the rope tighten, "he does have me, YES!" I lowered safely to the ground and we all switch places. Mason of course climbs up and down the rock like spider man. We kept singing "go spidy go" Jamie then took a turn and he is also afraid, he has never done this before and for a man who once weighed 355lbs, no one has ever had to carry him, now his not so strong wife was suspending him in the air with nothing holding him up there but a rope, and I was on the other end of that rope.....lol (insert witch laugh here, because he is worth more dead than alive...lol)
So when he came down after his first attempt, he said "oh my gosh that is scary, I did not want to look down, my arms began to shake and was scared you could not hold me", but I did and we had a great night of taken turns and just enjoying each others success as we accomplished harder walls to climb.

Here is what God is saying to me,

Shelley-
Child I know you are scared and frightened I don't have you. You are wondering what the future holds for you aren't you?
"yes"
Well as you reach for that rock that perfectly fits in your hand, that rock is my hand, my hand has been here the whole time, just stretch out your arm and I will always be here to guide you to the top.
"ok, are you sure?"
Really I have you, you have to let go, lean back and feel the rope tighten, feel it? That's me.
"alright, I feel a bit safer, now what?"
Child lean on the edge of your seat, wait for me wide eyed with anticipation, I have this amazing journey for you ahead. Daughter, I'm not telling you it won't be scary and like the rock, it may even leave you a few scrapes and bruises, but in the end as long as you have trained, and practice, you will see my plan that I have laid out for you, and together we will soar.
"Thank you Jesus"

No comments:

Post a Comment