Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Just thought I would share....
In my last blog I shared with you how I pray every morning as my brain is barley awake. I have been doing that, but the last few days I have been forcing even the thoughts to pray. I'm not mad or have any negative thoughts, I think my mind has been on full force and as soon as my eyes pop open, my daily list starts going through my head. I know all of you know exactly how I feel. So, I'm praying but other earthly things are going on in the back round. Yesterday I apologised to the Lord. I told him I knew I was distracted and I wanted to focus on him, I even tried praying 3 or 4 times and every time, some list popped in my head "can't forget to make Mason a hair appt", don't forget the diaper bag today....I was frustrated with myself, for letting this "crap" get in the way of my pray time with the Lord. I was so busy at work yesterday I did not even get to open my daily devotional book, I mean come on it's one page to read and like 4 verses to look up.
When I read and look up those verses, I don't want to read it like a robot, I like to drink it in and focus on them for a moment. So I did not, so this am I made it a priority to read what he had to say to me. I thought, well I will go ahead and read yesterday's too, since I did not have time today.
Here is what is said.

DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED by the difficulty of keeping your focus on me. I know that in your heart's desire is to be aware of my presence continually. This is a lofty goal;you aim toward it but never fully achieve it in this life. Don't let feelings of failure weigh you down. Instead, try to see yourself the way I see you. First of all, I'm delighted by your deep desire to walk closely to me through your life. I'm pleased each time you initiate communication with me. In addition, I notice the progress you have made since you first resolved to live in my presence.
When you realize that your mind has wandered away from me, don't be alarmed or surprised. You live in a world that has been rigged to distract you.
Each time you plow your way through the massive distractions to communicate with me, you achieve a victory. Rejoice in these tiny triumphs, and they will increasingly light up your days.

I love it when God comes down, whispers right into your ear exactly what you need to hear. Thank you Lord for reminding me that you see me with your eyes, and yes Lord I do have the deepiest desire to walk closer to you. I want to do your will only, this earth and all the "stuff" in it gets in the way so many times. Won't you please fill me with your wisdom, please remind me to take quiet moments to reflect on you and your peace that you provide everytime I am in need. Lord I love you more than my words can express, I can only fathm how much you love us with your agape love, please bless all my friends and family , keep us healtly and safe as we journey through this day. In your name -Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment