Monday, November 21, 2011

A word from the Lord
God spoke to me today and I wanted to share with you.
Jamie for some time now has felt the Lord pushing him to re-direct his career. He has worked at fox 4 for 12 years, but the Lord has been tuggin' at his heart and felt the need to follow where God was leading him (good choice, always)
He has had a lot of interviews, all with police departments. He even flew to Texas, only for God to show him the answer to that was NO.
Makes me think how far will I travel if God told me to do so? How far would you? Would you pack up your family and leave if God boldly told you to do so? Well if you are wondering what we would do, of course we would!!! Any where Lord at anytime!
Jamie has not got the most positive responses from family when following this path, my mom said she felt bad when he came home from TX, knowing he got cut the 1st round. He did not even get through to the 2nd chance. My mom said, "Shelley, I feel bad, I prayed he would not get it"
Trust me, I'm confident if the Lord wanted Jamie to have that job, he would make a way.(song time) he will make a way, when there seems to be no way,he works in ways we can not see, he will make a way for me!
So today Jamie is in his 3rd interview with the Blue Springs Police Dept!!
I'm telling you all this now, knowing that he is in the interview, not that we don't think we need extra prayers for God's guidance, but because Jamie does not need any negative influence while entering into a job interview. He has had way too much of that.
He feels like even if God's answerer is no, this is what God is asking him to do, maybe having all the negative words and thoughts around him is also a test of faith. So, today I open my daily journal and this is what it says.
Leave the outcomes up to me. Follow me whereever I lead you, without worry and how it will turn out.Think of your life as an adventure, with Me as your guide and companion. Live in the now,concertration on staying in step with me. When our path leads to a cliff, be willing to climb it with my help. When we come to a resting place, take time refreshen in My presence. Enjoy the rhythm of life lived close to me. You already know the ultimate destination of your journey, your entrance into Heaven. So keep your focus on the path just before you, leaving the outcomes up to Me!!
Psalm 27:14 wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
Good stuff. I'm so proud to be married to a man, who despite what other's think or say. He will choose God's way. Friends, it's the ONLY way!!
love you all,
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment