Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I can not believe we are almost there, this Thursday we will be adopting Marlie McCain, who knew that 2 years after hearing the calling to adopt again, that the Lord perfectly had planned out that it would be Dec 22, 2011 at 10 am. For those who don't know, we adopted Mason on Dec 24th, 2003 at 10am. Kinda sweet huh? I want to say thank you to all who have prayed us through this, we are grateful and thankful that God placed all of you in our lives at this time.

I was in the middle of my quiet time today, when God spoke to me and told me to fill you in on his word today, you never know maybe it's what you need to hear right now.
Jamie has been applying for Police officer jobs for about 6 months or so. He has felt like the Lord wants him to make a career change. There is no reason for Jamie to want to be a cop, he just feels it in his heart. He has boldly done what the Father has asked him to do, regardless of the negative words that have come his way about changing jobs.
He has many test this week with a local police dept here,he was talking to one of the lieutenants earlier this week and telling him about the pay scale. While Jamie is in training he will be taking a large pay cut from what he makes at Fox 4, now I know that many people think it's not ok to talk about how much people make or the financial difficulties people have. It makes you feel sorry for those struggling, you are glad you can just walk away and know your bills are paid and you go about "your" life. I'm here to tell you what the Lord has said, because I was struggling the last couple days with holding onto "our" money. We tithe and we give to the moving forward budget, I buy things for the needy, we even adopted a girl in Africa to take care of her while she attends school. We could go out to eat when we want, with just a little savings we could go on a cruise or just have a mini vacation., but.....I started looking at the budget this week and starting to worry about money, how we would make it while Jamie was in school. I know it would be short lived, but yikes.
In God's word it tells us,
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
Matthew 6:25-27 New International Version
how can I look at the word of God and not soak it in?, because the numbers are not adding up that's why,and we live in a world of keeping up with the jones', that's why.
Friends, this is our Heavenly Father's word, his promise to us, that no matter what, Phi.4:19 - God shall supply all your need according to His riches.his riches , not mine or yours!
So now that it has sunk in, here is what happen.
The day I was worrying, I opened our Bank account to see that I was paid $200 from my holiday lia sophia show. God was there, saying, SEE........
Then yesterday I was visiting with a friend via email, asking her budget questions, she is a numbers girl ;)
So, I'm starting to feel better, numbers will come and it will be tough, but finally I'm started to breathe a little easier and starting to lean back and feel God's presence. Today I open up my email, which has a daily devotional already sent. TITLE :LET MONEY GO.
HA!! ok, Lord thank you for slapping me in the face today, this am while I was praying I asked God to come closer to me than ever before, I could actually see the wrinkles in his hands today (yes he had wrinkles, maybe more creases than wrinkles ) LOL
I just prayed that he would speak to me today in his way and in his timing.
Good timing Lord and good subject.
So, as I finish up here. I know we are already onto another chapter on Faith.
Hebrews 11
Faith in Action 1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
I hope this too has blessed you today as it has me.
In Him
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment