Friday, December 18, 2009

This is not about Marley today, but God moved BIG today and I wanted to share this uplifting day with you.
My friends Melissa and Wendi and I went to sing for Plaza Heights Baptist Church this evening. It was on the calendar and we were looking forward to it. We sang a few songs, felt like we blessed the folks there and return felt blessed. Last year at this time we (Melissa Wendi and I) had been traveling to nursing homes and hosptials to share worship with those who were not home for the holidays, Christ lead us to many people that needed to be touched that year.
Well this year is already awesome!! After we sang at the church, I called the hospital to see if we could come sing for my father in law, you see he had back surgery today and needs to stay in the hospital for a few days, he said yes,...so off we went to sing for him, and him only, we thought.
We went to Sammie's room sang three songs and went on our way, well Wendi is actually a labor and delivery nurse and at that same hosptial, so she felt lead to go to her floor and sing for a few co-workers, so off we went. As we were about to sing, a nurse came out and asked if we could sing to her patient and family too, so they brought this brand new mommy her baby, the father, the aunt and grandparents out to the hallway to hear us sing.
We sang how great is our God, and jingle bell rocks. (all this time we never know how people are taking our words or music) the aunt of this new baby began video taping us and with tears in her eyes said she was moved by the words to how great is our God. Her sister, the new mother also felt moved (thank you Jesus) Really it gets better......
so we start getting into the elevator to leave and 2 men and 1 women get in with us, she noticed Melissa's guitar, she asked if we just went around singing ti anyone, I said no, really just whoever the Lord leads us to, she smiled and we got off the elevator. They were walking about 5 feet in front of us when she turned around and asked if maybe we were suppose to sing for her, so in the lobby of Center point Hospital we broke out the guitar again...Wendi asked her if she wanted us to sing Worship song or Christmas song, she said either. So we again snag how great is our God. During this song out of the corner of my eye, I caught a glimps of a lady in the corner, lifting her hands in praise with tears falling from her eyes, he husband came shortly after and put his hand on her and he also, in the middle of the hospital began worshipping out God!! After we sang the women and her family came up to us, she said she knoew Christ had put us there at that very moment to sing to her, they had a horrible week and even worse day. They had just come from a Christmas party from downtown to the hospital, that they had bad news and they were just heading home, she was thanking God for sending us to her, with that song. We then sang his eye is on the sparrow to her and her sweet family. Her husband felt lead to give us a offering which we politely declined, saying that God will bless our obdience and we had already been blessed at what had just happened, it was AWESOME.
My dear friends, why am I surprised at this moment, I don't know, we serve a faithful and wonderful God, I thank him for allowing me to be there at that time,what a sweet blessing.
I say this all the time, but I refuge to be ordinary!! I refuse, what's the point in being a Christian if you can't share him with others, its so addicting, I can't help myself.
I want more!!! I hope this story finds you with hope in your heart, pray today for God to put someone in front of you TODAY, he will, but....will you be obdient and step out in faith,or will you miss the blessing? Thank you again Jesus tonight, praising you outloud!!

No comments:

Post a Comment