Saturday, January 23, 2010

This week we got a email from the lighthouse, there is 4 girls that are pregnant and all want to see our profile, I think this next week is when they will be reviewing those. All of these mother's are having girls except one, she was not sure what she was having, they could not tell from her sonogram. All of these babies are African American. Jamie and I asked alot of friends and family what they thought, we also sat down with Mason about the idea of adopting a African American baby, he said "mommy I would love her the same" He has such a sweet heart and love that he loves the idea too :)
We feel like God told us to let him be in control of whether or not one of these birth mom's picks us to raise and love her child. So we have been praying alot for these birth mom's and the health of these babies.
So, cool thing thing that happened today that I'm thanking God out loud today for....
This last summer Mason played t-ball, on his team was this sweet little boy, his mom and dad just adopted a new born African American baby girl, she was so tiny and soooo cute. The dad even let me hold her a time or two which blessed my heart. After t-ball was over we never saw them again....til today :)
We were leaving Mason's basketball game and in came that family, I almost let them walk right pass me, when I knew that God was poking me, saying "hey, look I sent that for you"
I went in and said hello to them and just admired how beautiful their little girl was. She is now about 7 months old and soooo cute!! It was just perfect for what I needed today.
After we left I told my mom that I was now excited about maybe being able to adopt of these sweet little African American baby girls, it got my heart all a flutter. Thank you God, thank you out loud. So today when you see a African American baby girl, will it please be your reminder to pray for us, the birth mom and the baby? Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment