Saturday, June 12, 2010

I was at the movie theater today with the family, we went to see karate kid (which was GREAT by the way)
Mason looked over and said "mommy look at that cute little boy,doesn't he remind you of Franklyn?" I glanced over, and he kinda did, cute big cheeks and great poofy hair.
Then as we sat there and watched the previews I started thinking about how old Franklyn would be now, and how it's funny that when I think of the foster kids, I think of them as the same age they were when we had them, when I do have that great moments of things that remind me of the children we have had in our care, I always think of them as they were here, not how old they are now. Maybe that is weird, but I also think that our heavenly father maybe feels the same way I do.
He knows how many hairs are on our head, he knows every tear that falls, he hears every prayer that we pray to him, but I kinda wonder that when we call on him in prayer, do you think he sees us like we are now?? I kinda think maybe he remembers us at the time when we invited him into our hearts forever. After you invite him into your heart and ask him for forgiveness of your sins, he never remembers those sins again, it's satan that makes us remember those bad choices we made,but when we cry out to him over and over again and say we are sorry for the sins that he has already forgiven us for, I can just hear him whispering right now "what sins?, I don't' know what you are speaking of?
Good to know huh?
So think back to the day that you asked Jesus into your heart, how old were you?, where were you? Who were you with and how different is your life now, from then?
And if you are ready this and don't know the answer to these questions,but you want to know, just keep reading, it's very simple.
To have Jesus in your heart

A admit that you are a sinnner
B believe that Jesus is God's son
C commit that there is only one God
right where you are right now, you can pray this

"Dear Heavenly Father,
I do admit that I am a sinner, I do believe that your son Jesus died on the cross for my sins.
I also commit to live as there is only one God, and that is you. I pray that you come into my heart and that I make you Lord of my life. I want to live for you.
Amen
If you prayed that just now, right it down, tell someone!! Your life from here on out will be changed. I did not say it was going to be easy, but to spend eternity in heaven, it's all going to be worth the life here spent on earth and that I can promise you.
I love you
Shelley

2 comments:

  1. Wanna know where I was when I asked Jesus into my life? I was setting next to you at the summer camp we went to soooooo long ago. I was trying to keep myself from crying and didnt understand where the emotions were coming from. They asked if anyone had not yet asked Jesus into their lives that now was the time. You encouraged me to do just that, and sat by me while I asked The Lord to save me.
    Today I remember a good friend who was there to support me.
    Thank you Shelley! You always inspire me!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you girl, thank you for sharing that with me :)

    ReplyDelete