Friday, April 2, 2010

ok, so I just got out of the shower this morning, getting ready to run errands with my in-laws.
The phone rang and it was a Dr. office who was going to donate some formula to us, so sweet of them.
So during the phone call the line went dead. I looked outside and it was pitch dark, "must be the rain coming in that fox talked about this morning, I better go call Mason in from playing basketball"
The phone rang, it was the nurse,she apologized for the phone going dead, she said that a huge gust of wind came through and they lost all power and the building next door had no roof.
WoW!!
About that time I hung up with her and ran downstairs to tell Mase to come in, when I opened the door he was running at me crying, the wind had started to blow so hard that as Mason was coming in,shingles from other peoples houses were flying at us, I shut the door told Mason to go downstairs.
I ran upstairs closed two windows, by this time stuff was slamming into the front of the house.
I called the dogs and headed downstairs to be with Mason. I called for him, he was in the bathroom,in a tornado position. Wilbur just sat there and shivered , and flash was in my lap.
I started texting Jamie asking what was happening. He did not know, so we sat there for about 5 minutes when I told Mason to sit tight and I would go look. It was raining now,but the wind had calmed down. I called Sammie and my dad to ask if they had this, they did but not that bad.
As we looked outside, Mason swing set was through the back fence and there was debris everywhere,lots of shingles someones table....yes table from their patio I guess.
After the comotion had settled,we had lots of lookers and phone calls.
We are all safe and that is what Jamie was worried about. So that starts the beginning of our 3 day weekend.
Stay safe out there, we love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment