Monday, March 29, 2010

Today has been so sweet.
Yesterday I found a curtain rod that I liked online, it was kinda pricey, but I liked it alot.
So I slept on it. Today I got one at Hobby Lobby for $6.00!!!
I found a cute decor pillow at target for $5.00 and some sheer curtains for $5.00 each.
Today my mom and I went to hobby lobby to look for a wide piece of ribbon to hold back the curtains in the middle, we had a 40% coupon. So we found a really pretty color teal ribbon, so cute!
So I got three yards of that, then noticed that all frames were 50%, so I looked through those and found a great one for the baby room, next to the rocking chair we are putting this frame and in the frame is pictures of our foster babies, you know they really have been our path to get to Marley, they mean so much to me, as I printed out new photos today to put in the frames, it gave me a sweet moment to just ponder on their sweet faces. How just for sweet Journie who now has her butterfly wings in heaven with our heavenly father, I miss that smell of her coming right our of the bath and just getting to snuggle on her til her oxygen levels were ok enough to finish getting her dressed for bed. She is getting her own butterfly painted on the wall, just for her:)
How Evan was our first foster child, oddly enough, Jamie went to work that day and told a co-worker that he was fostering his first baby this week, this co-worker had a sister and brother in law that were adopting this week, really......Evan was her to be nephew, cool huh?

Franklyn, not alot to say about him, just look at those dimples... He stole my heart when he arrived at 10pm one night, dirty and hungry. His clothes were too small, so Jamie ran a warm bath and I fixed him a bottle. He just laid in my arms like he was totally trusting me to take care of him.
Addison, she came to us the week after Christmas and she was a great baby, she never cried.
I felt heartache for this adoptive family. After us having her for a few days, her young mother changed her mind and she decided to keep Addison.
And sweet beautiful Leila, she is still in foster care with Kay, she has a journey still ahead for her, but we promise to love on her, for God already knows her future and that we can stand firm in his promise that it will be a future of hope :)
WoW, this was fun and I give God all the Glory for all of these blessed moments I have had with these babies. Alot of people tell us we are great people for doing what we do, but friends let me assure you it's is us that are the blessed ones.
Thanks for going down memory lane with me today.
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment