Saturday, March 27, 2010

I'm giving my hopes and dreams to you, believing there is so much more!!

Update from meeting the birth mom....
It went GREAT!
We were sitting in the car getting ready to go in,when Mason said "I'll pray."
His prayer "Lord,let this be my little sister Marley, Amen"
If only we all had child like faith, he said it all, that's all we needed!!

The people that were there, the adoption coordinator, another lighthouse worker, she hangs out with the birth mom's, the birth mom.....the three of us.
Julie said she likes to start out in prayer, in her prayer she mentioned Jeremiah 29:11., (funny that's the verse we lived on for Mason)
So we began just talking,there was not a awkward moment. Mason charmed us all, he was asked how excited he was to be a big brother, and he responded with "yes,when she is 3 and has a nightmare, she can come into my room and sleep with me, I will protect her"
Mary told the birth mom that Jamie and I both sang, Mason chimed in with "I sing too" the lighthouse worker said oh you do, will you sing for us? He said "yep" He sang Twinkle Twinkle little star to all of us, so cute.
Mason really ran the whole meeting, he gave the birth mom a build a bear he had made at the store and she LOVED IT! She had never heard of build a bear, so he told her how you pick it out, stuff it, kiss the heart and make a wish,put it inside,wash it,dress it and name it. She told him thank you 4 times before we left.
We found out that the birth mom is great in school and also enjoys dancing and playing volleyball, she is the peacemaker in her family as well as in the Lighthouse. She has one younger brother who is 10 and her and her brother live with her aunt, she will live at the lighthouse until the baby is born.
So we finished up about an hour later, and a lighthouse worker asked if we could close in prayer and did anyone fell lead to pray? Jamie pointed at me and said "Shelley always feels lead to pray"....lol
So I switched spots with the worker so I could pray over our birth mom. I prayed for her and spoke on that I know one of the workers mentioned Jeremiah 29:11 over this baby, but not to forget that God also has a plan for her!! That he has hope and a future for her.
I prayed that we would never forget her, and told her we would tell her little girl that her mommy loved her so much that she wanted to make sure she had the best life. I prayed for friends and family would surround her during this tough time.
So we started to give our hugs and start saying our goodbyes when Mary said "well we will call you, when she goes into labor" I said ok, so do we wait til the baby is born then come to the hospital? and the birth moml said, no I want you there... oh, ok I said, when deep down I wanted to shout "YES!!!"
So, Mason and I came home that day and made a chain, it hangs on Marleys door, a chain for everyday til Ariel's due date. Everyday he cuts one, and gets to watch the chain gets shorter and shorter, funny thing about it, when we made it, it stood to the exact inch of how tall Mason is...
The first thing he does in the morning is cut that chain, We also like as we walk down the hall, that the door to her room is open and we can see that chain, it reminds us every day to pray for her.
Keep praying, we are on that last stretch to the finish line!!

No comments:

Post a Comment