Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I posted earlier on my fb that there was alot of prayer request posted today on fb, so we needed to pray, so did you??
If not, it's never to late to do so. I do alot of praying while I'm in the shower, it is quiet and no one is bothering me. I always am filled with a song to sing after I pray in the shower and yes alot of the time I sing outloud whatever song is put into my heart. It is a good way for me to start the day, to let God know that I want him to be in control of whatever happens that day. I also always ask God to use me to change someones day somehow, whether its paying for the Starbucks for the person behind you, or just smiling to the walmart checker behind the counter, who looks less than thrilled to be there. We never know what kind of day that person may have been having, but I know if I ask Jesus to use me, and I obey, I will change someone's day, and that is fulfilling.

Tonight was our first wed, this is where we meet at church and just pray and worship.
So when you walk in you get a little card to write prayer request on, after filling it out you place it on the steps and others are welcome to walk up pick up a card, one at a time and pray for whatever is on the cards. It may be for themselves, it may be for a neighbor or a co-worker.
Jamie and I had one, we ask for people to pray for our friends who are in need of a new home.
So Jamie and I went up to the stairs grabbed and prayed over a few cards, when God told me to pray over Peanut, who we were holding at the time, I could not pray, I just cried. Jamie prayed over her and I felt better about that. He prayed that we could have her, but he also said thank you for letting us have her for this time, if she is not to be ours. It was one of those nights, that after I came home I felt exhausted. If you are close to Christ like that and know what I'm talking about, I know some of you do. I can remember many times that Melissa,Wendy and I went to pray or sing over someone and had to go home and take a nap, because we were so tired.
I would never change that feeling for the whole world. I just pray that one day you will know that feeling.
Love you all
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment