Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Peanut is 6 months old today, I love her :)

Ok so here is todays blog and its a good one.
I try, and notice I said try to pray everyday that God uses me, sometimes I forget and sometimes I remember. Sometimes I remember to pray it, but forget to look for the opportunities to do so.
So.... this morning during my quiet time, I remembered to ask him to use me today.
My pray was "Dear Heavenly Father, use me today for your work, let me be the light today to someone who is sad, even if it is to give them a smile on a crappy day, or something bigger. I am yours to use today here on earth.
So I went to work and praised many kids on there good choices, was nice to my co-workers, which is not hard to do I love them.
But still nothing felt like "it"
So I went about my day ran some errands and went to stop in at Dollar General for some icing for Jamie's birthday cookie cake ....YUM!
It was the only item I needed, but me being me I looked at the baby items they had.
Well let's go back to me walking in the door so you know how "it" happened.
I was opening the door when a elderly lady was coming out, so I greeted her with a smile and held the door for it , nope not this...wait for it.....
Then as I started in another lady was walking out with a cart, that was not fitting through the door, so I went back and opened both doors so she could fit, she said thank you also and went on her way.....still waiting...lol
So I walked in the door and a worker said, good afternoon, welcome to dollar general. I smiled back said hello, asked how there day was, as I was walking to the aisle I needed.
NOPE, NOT YET...here it is.....
I was looking at the baby clothes when the manager approached me. He asked if he could compliment me on something he noticed. I said yes, he said as soon as I entered their store, he could feel joy surrounding me. He said theses are tough times we are facing in the world, he was just amazed at the spirit of joy that was around me as I entered the store. He said he could have not said anything, but he felt in his spirit that I had blessed him that day. He said he knew that he was suppose to come tell me. Ok, so I'm kinda fighting back tears as he tells me this, but all I could say was "thank you for sharing with me, and I appreciate your compliment. You have no idea what that meant to me"
He replied with "I just felt like I was suppose to tell you how you made me feel"
OMGOSH, I checked out with my two items and no, I refrained from getting anything for the baby. But I walked out with a FULL HEART, I was thanking Jesus from the moment I opened the door to leave. I could not wait to call Jamie and tell him what had happened.
You never know when God may use YOU to change someone's day or their heart or their lives!!
What a blessed day I have had!!
Ask God to use you today, then look for the opportunity
I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment