Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit" Psalms 34:18

I have been reading this book called "I will carry you" It really has been a good book. Yes it's sad, but the way this family has handled this path that the Lord has laid out for them is amazing.
In one part the mother is broken, she goes to a dr appt. where she has been told her baby will not live, she is early in her pregnancy and has a choice to carry this baby or to terminate. They as a family choose to let God be the one to take this child at his perfect timing. They have ups and downs during this time, they have hope that God will heal her, but then are heartbroken when they keep getting bad results from test that are run on her. This baby they gave to God, saying we believe that you can heal her, but if you choose not to, we will praise you anyway.
I have guarded many of you from the details of having Journie die in my arms that day.
Some of them are just hard to share, there are few of you who have ever had this happen to you, you will never understand. But I can also tell you that at the time of Journie leaving this earth, her laying peacefully in my arms, her head against my chest. It was also the closest sweetest moment I have ever had with our heavenly father, he came down and whispered in my ear. "I'll take her" and in that second she drew her last breath here on earth and I know she took a deep breath in heaven. I thank him for that moment I had with her, I thank him that he chose me to be there at that time, that he chose ME to be holding her when she went to heaven. That this whole life I had been living out, he knew that whole time that I would be the one for Journie. He knew I would be the perfect one to be with her. He planned it perfectly. The sun was warm, the nurse had left. A sweet blue and black butterfly had landed seconds before she died, forever I will love blue and black butterlfies, in memory of my sweet baby Journie Unique Price.
She did have a Journie and she was very Unique, but it was HE that paid the Price for us.
If you go to youtube and type in "I will carry you" It's by Selah, there is a video of this family who went through this, the babies name is Aubrey Caroline. It's a great song of a time of Grief and a time of Joy.
I love you all,
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment