Saturday, August 7, 2010

Song of Solomon 1:3
Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes; your name is like perfume poured out. No wonder the maidens love you.

I went to the school I work at in the fall yesterday to show residency to the office so that Mason can go to school there. When I walked in I could not help but smile, the smell.... the smell of my school, where I would go 5 days a week and spend many hours playing with kids and building relationship with parents and staff. It smelled GREAT! I love summer more than anything, Im one who can hang out by the pool or in the lake all day, I never complain that it is too hot, I am a SUN lover!!
But, I could not help but not want to go back, now I'm excited about a new year, what will this year bring? Last year was a hard one, but still so many blessings to count.
So, I was telling my summer co-workers about this smell and at the same time I am in a chapter in my book that is talking about Mary washing Jesus feet with a whole bottle of perfume.
That back in the day 2 or 3 drops would have been enough, but they think that she knew that he needed the whole bottle so even after his death, the aroma from the perfume would fill the empty tomb. Sounds nice huh? Can you imagine what that scent will be? What is your favorite scent? I have a few, Mason after he has showered and put on lotion, the smell of Peanuts neck after a bath, my husbands pillow after he has left for work, and yes even for someone who does no caffeine, I love the smell of coffee beans!!
So all those smells that I love, I'm sure it will never even compare to the smell of our savior, maybe all those favorite scents of yours are a reminder of Jesus, that he is there with you always. I'm giving you permission to go buy something with a great scent to it, TODAY.
Place it somewhere you can smell it often, then every time you get a wif let it be your reminder that our heavenly father delights in your scent too as you follow his path he has laid out for you.
For I am a SON lover.
Have a blessed day
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment