Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ok, so here I am with my flight schedule in hand, I've pre-boarded the plane, so I'm doing it, I'm going to start this new journey in my life that God has CLEARLY planned out for me.
I told you in my last blog that I wanted to share with you what I felt like REVOLVE meant to me.
The name of the teen tour that is put on by Women Of Faith is called Revolve. This year the tour is called "dream on". I needed to get to the root of what Revolve meant to me. I have told the ladies that hired me that what will keep me going everyday is the thought that there may be a young women out there that does not know our heavenly father, we that have Christ in our hearts have a gift and I want to give it away (reminds me of a good Gaither Vocal band song) it's called....Give It Away:)
Anyways back to Revolve.
I will be staying at a hotel the next few nights and many hotels I have stayed at have revolving doors, they also have doors on both sides of the revolving door too. This is what hit me, have you ever tried to go through the revolving door by yourself? It's a little harder to do by yourself, it's kinda heavy and I know some of us have avoided that door cuz, what if it gets stuck and I look like a fool, getting stuck in the revolving door, looking like I need help....
I have seen many people go to the door on the side, it's the easier door, you can do it by yourself,you don't any assistance to open it, it's lighter than trying to get that other one spinning by yourself huh?
Hopefully you all have seen the movie ELF, we love that movie, sometimes we break it out even when it is not Christmas to just have a good laugh.
Do you remember him spinning himself in that revolving door? He went round and round til it made himself sick, he gets sick in the trash can and well.....does it all over again, he has pure joy on his face as he does it again.
We have a choice here, do we take the door that we can open ourselves, it's kinda light and we need little help?
Or do we take the heavier door, that may require alittle more umph and maybe it may make us sick at times, sometimes we need help, but the pure joy we get from doing it, we keep going, & going and going.
It is so obvious the choice I have made, Im now the event rep for the REVOLVE tour for Women Of Faith. I sure pray this hotel I stay at has a revolving door :)
God bless and please pray for the following while I'm away.

That God gives all of us safe travels and good health.
Pray for Leila as she has not been feeling well, away from her mommy is hard when your ill.
Pray for Jamie as he is home with both kids by himself!! YIKES..lots of prayer (Just kidding, I heart him so much)
For the trainers in Tx to be rested and on fire to teach us to GO....
Have a blessed night and thank you
Shelley
ps the day I was interviewed for this job, it was at a hotel with a revolving door, guess which one I chose??

No comments:

Post a Comment