Monday, May 10, 2010

First of all,
Today is make a difference Monday. K-LOVE tells us that today we are to take $5.00.
Pray over the money and do something for someone else with it.
It can be pay for the Starbucks coffee of the person behind you.
Go buy 5 flowers and give them to random people.
Either way, pray over the $5.o0, then go and do what he has asked you.

Second of all, I did not have the best Mother's Day, and I'm not sharing this with you to feel sorry for me, I'm sharing it, because it's what's on my heart and this blog is a front row seat to the life we live and how God is going to work all of it out for good.
I felt down most of the day, I tried to enjoy the day, but I had that yuck gut feeling most of the day. I just did not feel like myself and really it was just another day for me. I knew that watching the baby dedication at church would make me feel sad, knowing that I thought Jamie and I would be up there with our daughter. It made me sad that on Saturday when my family was here they were going to be here for my baby shower.
I'm sharing this because, I'm not perfect and I don't always think "oh yes Lord thank you for this hurt, you are going to work it all out!"
I say this because I hurt too,
really..." you and I are not that diffrent, we got a void and we are just trying to fill it up" (Mandisa's, voice of a savior)
but I also felt heavy on my heart all day to pray for ladies out there, that were felling like I am.
I prayed for my sweet friend who is trying to get pregnant, I prayed for my sister in law who lost a baby in a miscarriage a few years ago,I prayed for a Mary who's son now lives with Jesus, I prayed for women I don't even know who just dealing with the infertility news, or Leslie who is waiting for her little boy to come home from china.
Mother's Day is special and we will take all the pain and heart ache to get to that wonderful feeling of being a mom, no matter how we get those children of ours, they all are on loan from us just for a little while, so love them and hold them, but most of all...tell them about Jesus, the man who has already felt every emotion we have had. So where will you look for comfort?
Food, exercise, money, or "in the arms of Jesus, that's where I found it....how about you??"
Love you all
Shelley

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweetheart! I prayed for you during the service yesterday. I knew it had to be a hard thing to watch knowing you should've been up there too. I love you and am still praying for you and this whole situation. God has an awesome plan and He is using you to accomplish it. "Hold On" sweetheart! I love you!

    ReplyDelete