Friday, May 28, 2010

Good Day to you all
School is out for summer here in the Valley!! I had to work a little today but as of now, Mason and I are on vacation for 2 weeks!! I have had three people come up to me and say "you must be busy, you have not blogged in awhile" Well.....they are right.
We took in a medical foster baby this week. She goes home to her foster family tomorrow,but we have enjoyed having her here. Every child that comes through my house holds a spot in my heart. I kinda know how God feels, he knows that his children are here on earth and he is just loaning them out to us for a short while, but he can not wait til they come home to him. Her name is Destiny, cute huh? We have had a Journie and now we have Destiny, love that :)
Her foster family is out of town but her foster dad has called twice to check on her, it is so sweet that he misses her so much.
Today Jamie and I learned that a boy that I have cared for before is a foster child, we did not know!! Then came to find out that his foster g-pa I knew. Last year Mason and I were at the playground and ran into this older man with a couple kids, well him and I began to talk and we both bonded because we were both foster parents (he says him and his wife are foster grandparents)
This was a year ago and today I found this out, wow! I called and talked to him and maybe the conversation alone with him was what God wanted me to have. This man is so faithful and lifts these kids to the Lord. He walks side by side with these children teaching them about the Lord and how much God loves them. These are behavioral children, they have been through alot and you would never know, these kids are great and so kind. What a amazing God we serve and what a amazing family who is being obedient.
Life is good here at the McCain household we are getting ready to go visit family soon and just enjoy some family time. When we get back we get to have little Leila for maybe up to 6 weeks, her foster mom is having surgery so pray for her.
We love you all.
The McCain's

No comments:

Post a Comment