Sunday, May 16, 2010

To look outside today in Mo. it sure is just yuck, and it has been for weeks now.
They said that when Jamie, Mason and I left for FL that it rained the whole time, and since we have been back it has only been sunny 3 days out of these 3 weeks, it's yucky:(
But beyond all that rain, sunshine was around us this weekend.
Mason got baptized by his father today, it was so great. Jamie and Mason were both smiling ear to ear, Jamie's smile was beyond his tearful eyes. We are so blessed and thank God for sending his son to die on the cross, so that my son may live eternity in heaven with him. It's like a weight is lifted when you know your child has asked Jesus into their heart. We are so proud of him today.
He also had his first piano recital at church this afternoon, it was just plain cute.
I asked him before we went to church if he was nervous, he said "no".
Then 5 min before he played he looked at me and said "ok now Im nervous"....lol

We also got to foster Leila this weekend, she is so sweet. She is the baby that dfs called us to take a few moths back and we passed her onto Kay and Mike, thinking that we would be getting our own child soon. Anyways, it was awesome having her here, and I got to dress her up in a cute dress for church and of course not with out a cute flower in her hair around her head band, Jamie says she is alot like him right now, follicle challenged...lol
At the end of lunch I was kissing Leila goodbye and Kay asked if we would keep Leila for 4-6 weeks starting in June? I looked at Jamie and he said "sure"
Kay is going to have foot surgery and will be down for awhile (keep her in your prayers)
so we will get to have her a lot of this summer. I told Jamie the hardest thing for me lately was to walk into the baby room and open the closet and see all those cute girl outfits I had, and no one to put them on. I have this tiny swimsuit that has a puffy pineapple on it.
Well God already knew that Leila would be here and she wears the size of all those cute outfits.
Sammie came and gave her a kiss on the forehead today and said, "can't we just keep her?"
I said, "I hope so"
So pray for Leila, her future with us and the Paulsen's is unsure, but God knows, so we can stand on that promise.
I say all this to let you know, that through the rain and darkness there is happiness. God is in the small stuff too ya know?
The other night when it stormed, Mason called me into his room and said "mommy I'm scared, what if it floods?"
I asked him what Jesus said about the flood? He said "he promised it would never flood again and he sends a rainbow to remind us of that promise"
I promise all you believers out there, I see a rainbow, It is merciful and just, rest on His promise and he will sing praises over you.
Love you all.
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment