Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Two post in one day!!

Just because I have to share with you what God placed on my heart later today.
Last week I told alot of you to take $5 and go make a difference in someone's life, so did you??
God told me to go to Starbucks and pay for the person's drink behind me, so off I went.
But when I got there no one was behind me, hmmm.
So the next time I went I was like ok maybe today, went through got Tony and I a drink and no one again was behind me, alright Lord. My answer is yes, where is that person at Starbucks?
So.... tonight I went to Starbucks placed my order, only tonight I was on my way to church for a prayer meeting, next to me in my passenger seat was my book I was reading, as my book mark I have a track, so I looked in my rear view mirror, and sure enough here comes a van behind me with just one women in it, this is it.
I pulled up to the window, told the sweet little young girl behind the window that I would like to pay for my drink, but also the drink of the lady behind me. She smiled really big and said "ok"
She took my money and came back to the window, she said "are you a Christian?"
I said "yes I am" She said "did God tell you to pay for this drink?" I said "yes"
She said "that is so cool and so neat that you did" I said "thank you, would you mind giving this lady this track and tell her it's a gift I want her to have?"
She smiled from ear to ear and said "YES"
While she is giving us our drinks she is telling every employee what I did and how cool she thought it was. I told her, it's not me that's cool, but are God who is. She smiled we shared a few more words and I was on my way.
I don't know what happened after that, I'm sure the lady behind me was happy her Starbucks was free, that always makes me happy (thank you to Melissa and Wendy who spoil me)
Anyways, I feel blessed, you know why? After doing what God told me to do, I know that he is singing praises over me. That makes me blessed!
Also, tonight, God reminded me, remember when I told you to love on those foster kids?, remember when I told you to teach them love and how to bond? Well, remember that when you are mad and frustrated at the system, cause "Shelley, I got this too"
Thank you God, thank you for being so close to me that I can hear you. Thank you for your promise and thank you for the reminder of your promises.
I love you all,
Shelley

oh PS
the woman's bill $4.90 pretty close to that $5 challenge huh? :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so neat! I love how the girl knew you were a Christian!

    ReplyDelete