Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Waiting on the Lord.
I really feel like we have been waiting for a LONG time and we have, a year and a half so far...
I know in God's timing that is a blink of a eye, our whole lives are just a blink of an eye to him.
I prayed last night and today that we get a tax refund, I also have been praying for the birth mom, her mother and the baby.
A friend of mine, another foster mom (Kay) called and asked if I would respite care for the baby girl that we said no too about two weeks ago. I said yes, well her daughter is due with a baby anyday, so if she does not have her baby in the next day or so, she would not need me to care for the baby, because she is not going out of town if her grand baby has not been born yet.
I understand that, so maybe I was not going to get to love on another foster baby for awhile :(
BUT......a worker from the Lighthouse just called, she needs someone to foster a baby girl, tomorrow til Friday morning!! Yeah!
She asked how I felt about doing that while we were waiting for our baby girl, I said GREAT, I need the distraction for sure!
After visiting with her, sounds like the birth mom meeting us, really is not a high priority to her, she has not called them back about re-scheduling our appointment. I thought she would want to meet us more than we would want to meet her, but maybe not.
I don't know how she feels, only how I feel.
This woman's pregnancy is a secret, no one really knows about it,but her mother and a few others.
Maybe she has not grasped what is happening to her body and what is growing inside of her. I don't know if I will ever understand, and I don't know if I'm suppose to.
Many things happen in life that we don't understand, so I'm going to lean on my Savior again, that all this STUFF that is happening is happening for a reason, I love going back after a storm in life and seeing how God placed people in our paths for a reason, or seeing how things that we just did not understand, fit perfectly into his plan, so today I wondering, why would she not call back, why would she put off meeting the family of her child, why would you keep something like this a secret,so many why's, but God just tells me when my mind starts to wonder, I've go this too under my control, trust me follow my plan. OK, Lord I trust you and will follow where you lead...
P.S. we got that refund too, that I prayed for, thank you Jesus:)

No comments:

Post a Comment