Friday, February 5, 2010

WOW, ok ready here we go.......

Thursday afternoon at 1pm I got a phone call from a worker at the Lighthouse, she told me that a birth mom had chosen US to be her daughters family!!!! This birth mom is a senior in high school,has a full ride scholarship to play volleyball and knows this is the right choice for her daughter, the lighthouse worker told me to give a big kiss to Mason, for this birth mom loved his smile and brown eyes (go figure our little boy stole her heart) So we found out that she is due at the end of this month, yes I know less than 3 weeks away!
She told the worker at the lighthouse to tell us that she was already having contractions so it could be sooner than we think, she also said she would love it, if we would be there for the delivery, which blesses my heart.
We are suppose to meet her next week sometime, we are just waiting for a call from the Lighthouse to set that up.

SO...about a month ago dfs contacted us about a 5month old baby girl who was up for adoption, they wanted to include our profile at the staffing. So today I got a phone call that our name was one that was selected to go to the staffing on Feb 19th, this little girl lives with foster parents and want to adopt her, so my words to the dfs worker were, if they are good people, they should get to keep her, why do a staffing? She said it's just the way they have to do it.
After talking to theTapella's they said that one of their little girls was suppose to go to the foster family she lived with, but the state chose for her to go with them (God's blessing) SO I know that all foster parents are not like us, we treat all our foster children as if they are our own.

Next is..... 10 minutes before I was off work dfs called, we have a biracial newborn who needs fostering, are you available tonight? ummmmmm so I told them, we can foster her, but we ourselves are waiting on a child of our own who could be here anytime. I told them I knew a name a foster family that they could call, well by then another foster family on another line said they would take her for the weekend only. So I called Kay (our friend) I told her about this baby and she of course said she would love to take her until....whenever. So I gave her our workers name and number and they said after this weekend they would call her to foster her til further notice.

I asked God for the flood gates to open , and he HAS!!
Please be in prayer for God's plan for all of these babies, and not by accident they are all girls.
God is asking me to do something and I'm not sure what it is???
Please pray for clarity, I will do whatever he wants me to do :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, wow, wow is right, Shelley! I love this news! Wednesday turned out to be a pretty powerful day for me as one of my worries that I gave away was answered by God with a big YES! I will tell you more when I see you next. I am so happy and excited for you guys! Who could not fall in love with Mason???? Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley! He is so BIG and loves to show off for us! Just as we were talking on wednesday! Praying all goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete