Wednesday, January 26, 2011

5 Days til court.
We found out that our sweet social worker will not be there, she is out of country on a mission trip and someone will have to fill in for her....boo hiss. I know her though, she will be praying for us!
So, here is something I'm pondering on. I was dusting my photo albums yesterday, when one I came across one I did not recognize, so I opened it. It was the trip that my whole family took in January 2009, by whole family, I mean my folks, my brother and his family, my aunt and uncle, Jamie Mason and I.
My dad was turning 60 this year and was also retiring from hallmark cards, he was there over 30 years, but my memory escapes me on how many over 30....let's just say...A LOT of years.
So we planned this surprise for him , we all flew to FL and booked our cruise without him ever knowing we were coming. Mason even knew for 6 months before we left and never made a peep about it to PaPaw (he's use to be good at secrets, not so much now...lol)
We all got on the cruise ship and were waiting for him, when my mom checked them in, the lady behind the counter said "oh welcome Mr. and Mrs.Kornis, the rest of your party is already here" She ruined the surprise, 2 minute from walking on the boat and the lady blew it. She did not know and of course we forgave her, she did not know this was a surprise. Anyways, we had a great time on the cruise, but as I was looking at these photos, I saw one that caught my eye, one day at the beach I carved 1/28/2009 into the sand. I took a picture of it and put it in my scrap book.
This was the second day on our cruise and we were getting off to go to the beach. Out of all the times I went to the beach, why did I draw in the sand this date?, why did I take a picture of it?
Maybe a coincidence? Do you believe in that? I'm not sure I do, I'm pretty sure my heart stands firm in that God puts us where he wants us at the right moment and the right time, that is if we are listening to him and we have a personally relationship with him. We have free will, so we can depart from his path if we are not careful, been there done that.....ALOT.
But now that Peanut's birthday is this Friday I started thinking, let's see....1/28/2009 would have been before Peanut was conceived, 1/28/2010 she was born and 1/28/2011 she is in our home celebrating her 1st birthday. Even if it's nothing, I choose to believe it was not by coincidence, I choose to believe that she is here because God chose for her to be here. And only because of us and the Paulsens being obedient to what God told us to do, is she here.
So you can make a post on your thoughts on this, but these are mine. I pray that she is here, because God wants her to be a McCain, we will find out all in his time ;)
Love you all
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment