Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ecclesiastes 3:11
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.


Today God's timing was amazing. Sit back with me and see how God was in on this.
A friend of our gifted a chair to us almost a year ago. When they purchased this chair for us, they got a warranty on it, for a fabric protection. Well one of my furry friends had a accident on it a few days ago, so we called and made a appointment for someone to come out and clean it. This man came to my door yesterday afternoon and was a man about the same age of my father. He came in thanked Mason for letting him in and went to work on cleaning the chair. We talked just small talk, in the conversation he did find out we were foster parents and his neighbors are too, so we talked a little about that. Then he cleaned up his supplies and off he went, as he left he asked if we needed him again not to hesitate to call.
So this morning when I woke up, I noticed the odor was not fully gone from the chair, so I called up my friend and asked her to call him back.
You must remember that this is now today, which was a icy morning, I told her it did not have to be today, but he said"nope, I will be there with in the hour" So my friend came over also this time, so I could show her what I was talking about. He arrived soon after and began cleaning again, this time we took the back of the chair off and got down to the root of the issue. I was sitting on the floor with my lap top and just having open conversation with her. I was online booking a HUGE pizza for Peanuts "friends" party. I asked her if after church she would take me to get the pizza.
Our cleaning man said "oh, where do you go to church?" We told him first baptist of blue springs, he said "oh I go to a church in Independence. We had a little more small talk and he finished cleaning the chair. He stopped looked at us both and said" normally I would not do this, but because you are church goers, I'm guessing you pray?"
I said "of course" He said than can I ask you to pray for me?" I found out Friday that I have cancer" he has to decide by this Friday whether to do radiation or surgery. He began to tear up. I told him "I'm willing to pray for you right here and right now" He said, "I would really appreciate that"
So there in my living room we lifted up to the father the cancer this man has, this man that because of a smelly odor from an accident my animal left, we were by no accident met right where we were to ask Jesus to be the healer of this man's cancer, a father, a husband and a grandfather to 14 grand kids!!!

At the end of the prayer he wiped away many tears and said I know for sure that you have helped me more than I have helped you. I told him it was not me that helped him, but it was our heavenly father that did. He then gathered his stuff and left.
So just like that friends, we can have a encounter with ANYONE and because of being willing and obedient, God's timing was perfect!! I know that we have free will and I know things happen that are not in his plan, because of our free will, but what my prayer is, is that I would be listening close enough to our heavenly father to hear him when he calls me to be his hands and feet. What a blessing.
Please pray with me for our new friend who has prostate cancer and needs prayer.
Thank you Jesus for today, thank you for using me, I pray that I listen closely to your will.
In Him-

No comments:

Post a Comment