Sunday, January 9, 2011

Well so far without sugar, it's been ok. Today harder than yesterday, but when I had the sugar craving I prayed for our little Peanut, I was holding her at the time, so I kissed her little head over and over while I prayed and at the same time could not stop smelling her hair (the little she has)
After I prayed for her she looked up at me and smiled, she usually says momma, momma, but today she looked up and said "mom". Blessed my soul so much, thank you heavenly father for that today.
I broke that sugar craving with an apple, I filled my fridge with healthy snacks so when I felt the urge to grab something sugary I can grab a better choice. I have nuts, fruit, hummus, hard boiled eggs and even a few avocado's. Mason and love to just slice one open and eat them with a spoon. So filling my fridge and cabinets with things that are healthy has been very wise.
Ever thought about doing the same for your spiritual life, filling it with healthy choices and making sure you have scripture with in reach, so when tempted you have it right there to grab and use?
It's a lot easier to make the bad choice, than the good one. I truly believe making the good choice will lead you in victory in the end, even as much as it may hurt now. Same with the food, making healthy choices at first is hard, but pretty soon we crave those things that are healthy for us, because it's what are body needs, in the same way I tell you that making the right choice is what our soul needs, it's what God longs for, for us to draw close to him, to never be completely full of him and to always thirst after more.

PS. A prayer praise, my friend that is in the hospital was doing great yesterday, we left there after a few hours of just a great time of worship and fellowship, I left feeling peace and what a great feeling that is, made worship this morning at church even a little bit more, (if you don't mind me saying....SWEET)
Love you keep praying!!
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment