Monday, January 31, 2011

Today we can rejoice for the Lord has shown us favor.
The paper work in the court document now says permanency to adopt. As of yesterday it said reunification. So YES this is good news, and we only give God all the glory for this news.
This is just one more hurdle we have to jump over to get to her to be a McCain, we still need lots of prayers and lots of guidance from our heavenly father, but for now you can jump up and down saying "thank you Jesus", come all I know some of you are not participating.
Can I sit for a moment and tell you how thankful we are to have all of you praying for us and this whole situation. I hope that I have lived this life on my sleeve, that no matter what happens, we will give God all the glory. I refuse to be ordinary is what I live by, it may someday need to be on my tombstone....way later.
But I know God has asked me to live this life with letting you all have a front row seat to this show. He wants to use my family and I as a example. I pray that you all see his hands and feet as we carry out this thing we call life.
So on the way home, my husband who is skeptical of most things, said I want to name her and I want to start calling her that, not that Peanut will disappear anytime soon, but she needs a name. This is a name that God gave him years ago, we had this name before we had a face. Just like that song says...before even time began, my life was in his hands, he knows my name...
Good song huh, Amy?
So we choose to call her Marlie Claire McCain, God knows that is her name, it's just the judge and lawyers that have not written it in ink. But we know that time will come.
So, will you please join us in continuing to pray? We will see this through with your prayers and God's guidance, can't wait to celebrate her adoption day.
Love yo all,
Shelley

6 comments:

  1. Oh Shelly I am in tears!!!!!! Our God is so Mighty! I have been on pins and needles all morning..... to tell you the truth I have been sick to my stomach. Our prayers have been answered and we are on to praying for the next hurdel. Please keep us updated on your specific prayer needs and we will continue to lift you all up in prayer! Many Blessings to your Family and try to stay safe and warm during this BIG Bad Storm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I cant stop the tears and goosebumps girl!!

    Our God is so big, so strong and so mighty, there's nothing our God cannot do!!!!

    My heart has ached and prayed for your family for days. There is power in numbers girl!

    I do have to say that I may have trouble calling Miss Marlie exactly that. I havent even met her, but know her as sweet, beautiful, "Peanut."

    Promise me one thing girl,,,when its all said and done with her adoption, you allow us to throw a MASSIVE RAISE THE ROOF THANK YOU JESUS kind of party! We must celebrate this life!

    Love you oodles girl!!

    THANK YOU JESUS!!

    Bambi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredibly awesome day and one that we have been praying through for and with you. It was so different for us those many years ago. We knew nothing UNTIL all these hoops had been jumped through. THEN we got a call to come meet ourlittle boy/girl!

    While I have never had to walk this path that you have, I can only imagine how vital it has been for you and Jamie to wait on and walk with the Lord Jesus. We could not be more grateful on this day for the Lord's hand in this AND for you as you have openly shared with your friends and family this incredible walk. I love the name Marlie and it will be easy for me to call her that, although her little nickname describes her petite size and journey- - -a journey of development within the "shell" on the Lord's close protection and love surrounding her, placed in the hands of those who have loved her along the way- - -much like an unborn child in the womb of a desiring and caring mother. There, she has been kept warm, close,nourished, unconditionally loved and offered to the Father.

    What a tender moment for you and for all of us, and especially for little Miss Marlie Claire (almost)McCain!

    Love you guys,
    Dennie Williams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cannot say anything only cry happy tears and PRAISE GOD!!!

    Amy (williams)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your blog story from beginning to end this weekend and this post tonight is icing on the cake. Having Mason and your family come into my life, learning your story just this weekend, I am beyond words. Truly. In fact, it has only left me wanting to know more. More about Mason and his story with you and Jamie, more about you and Jamie and how you've found your way here. More, more, more.

    I could not WAIT to get home, log in, and see if you had updated. What wonderful news for you three, now four. :) Congrats!

    jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was pointed to your blog by Tooje (Jessica) there. I know her from work. What an incredible story. I don't know you personally, but you write your story so that it speaks to me anyway. Congratulations on your miracle. God is so good. Thank you for sharing your incredible story.

    ReplyDelete